The Circular Bio-based Europe Joint Undertaking (successor to the BBI-JU) has published its first Horizon Europe call topics, with deadlines in September.
The €120 million pot is divided across 12 topics, including 5 research actions, 4 innovation actions, 2 flagship innovation actions, and 1 coordination and support action. The deadline for all calls is 22 September 2022.
Here is the list of topics in full:
- HORIZON-JU-CBE-2022-IA-01 – Biogenic carbon capture and use (CCU) for circular bio-based products – €10 million for 2 projects
- HORIZON-JU-CBE-2022-IA-02 – Cooperative business models for sustainable mobilisation and valorisation of agricultural residues, by-products, and waste in rural areas – €10 million for 2 projects
- HORIZON-JU-CBE-2022-IA-03 – Cost-effective production routes towards bio-based alternatives to fossil-based chemical building blocks – €12 million for 2 projects
- HORIZON-JU-CBE-2022-IA-04 – Co-processing of mixed bio-based waste streams – €12 million for 2 projects
- HORIZON-JU-CBE-2022-IAFlag-01 – Maximum valorisation of sustainably sourced bio-based feedstock in multi-product, zero-waste, zero-pollution biorefinery – €14 million for 1 projects
- HORIZON-JU-CBE-2022-IAFlag-02 – Alternative sources for high added value food and/or feed ingredients – €14 million for 1 project
- HORIZON-JU-CBE-2022-R-01 – High performance bio-based polymers for market applications with stringent requirements – €9 million for 2 projects
- HORIZON-JU-CBE-2022-R-02 – Bio-based coatings, barriers, binders, and adhesives – €9 million for 2 projects
- HORIZON-JU-CBE-2022-R-03 – Circular-by-design bio-based materials to improve the circularity of complex structures – €9 million for 2 projects
- HORIZON-JU-CBE-2022-R-04 – Proteins from alternative and unconventional sources – €9 million for 2 projects
- HORIZON-JU-CBE-2022-R-05 – Sustainable fibres biorefineries feedstock – €9 million for 2 projects
- HORIZON-JU-CBE-2022-S-01 – Developing and validating monitoring systems of environmental sustainability and circularity: collection of best practices and benchmarks – €3 million for 1 project.
Click here to view the full work programme.