The definitive topics and call texts have now been published for the ‘European Green Deal Call’, the final act of the current research and innovation programme Horizon 2020.
A total of €1 billion has been made available for research and innovation projects with a focus on rapid scalability, dissemination and uptake.
The deadline for submitting proposals is 26 January 2021, with selected projects expected to start in autumn 2021.
A Horizon 2020 Green Deal Call Info Day & Brokerage event will take place as part of the virtual European Research & Innovation Days on 22-24 September.
Increase your impact
The Green Deal calls are all about impact, with the Commission looking for projects that deliver fast, visible and tangible results.
Got a project idea? Get in touch.
The calls are split into 10 areas – eight thematic areas reflecting the key work streams of the European Green Deal and two horizontal areas:
Increasing climate ambition
- Preventing and fighting extreme wildfires with the integration and demonstration of innovative means (LC-GD-1-1-2020)
- Towards Climate-Neutral and Socially Innovative Cities (LC-GD-1-2-2020)
- Climate-resilient Innovation Packages for EU regions (LC-GD-1-3-2020)
Clean, affordable and secure energy
- Innovative land-based and offshore renewable energy technologies and their integration into the energy system (LC-GD-2-1-2020)
- Develop and demonstrate a 100 MW electrolyser upscaling the link between renewables and commercial/industrial applications (LC-GD-2-2-2020)
- Accelerating the green transition and energy access Partnership with Africa (LC-GD-2-3-2020)
Industry for a clean and circular economy
- Closing the industrial carbon cycle to combat climate change – Industrial feasibility of catalytic routes for sustainable alternatives to fossil resources (LC-GD-3-1-2020)
- Demonstration of systemic solutions for the territorial deployment of the circular economy (LC-GD-3-2-2020)
Energy and resource efficient buildings
- Building and renovating in an energy and resource efficient way (LC-GD-4-1-2020)
Sustainable and smart mobility
Farm to Fork
- Testing and demonstrating systemic innovations in support of the Farm-to-Fork Strategy (LC-GD-6-1-2020)
Biodiversity and ecosystem services
- Restoring biodiversity and ecosystem services (LC-GD-7-1-2020)
Zero-pollution, toxic-free environments
- Innovative, systemic zero-pollution solutions to protect health, environment and natural resources from persistent and mobile chemicals (LC-GD-8-1-2020)
- Fostering regulatory science to address combined exposures to industrial chemicals and pharmaceuticals: from science to evidence-based policies (LC-GD-8-2-2020)
Strengthening our knowledge in support of the European Green Deal
- European Research Infrastructures capacities and services to address European Green Deal challenges (LC-GD-9-1-2020)
- Developing end-user products and services for all stakeholders and citizens supporting climate adaptation and mitigation (LC-GD-9-2-2020)
- Transparent & Accessible Seas and Oceans: Towards a Digital Twin of the Ocean (LC-GD-9-3-2020)
Empowering citizens for the transition towards a climate neutral, sustainable Europe
- European capacities for citizen deliberation and participation for the Green Deal (LC-GD-10-1-2020)
- Behavioural, social and cultural change for the Green Deal (LC-GD-10-2-2020)
- Enabling citizens to act on climate change, for sustainable development and environmental protection through education, citizen science, observation initiatives, and civic engagement (LC-GD-10-3-2020)