The definitive topics and call texts have now been published for the ‘European Green Deal Call’, the final act of the current research and innovation programme Horizon 2020.
A total of €1 billion has been made available for research and innovation projects with a focus on rapid scalability, dissemination and uptake.
The deadline for submitting proposals is 26 January 2021, with selected projects expected to start in autumn 2021.
A Horizon 2020 Green Deal Call Info Day & Brokerage event will take place as part of the virtual European Research & Innovation Days on 22-24 September.
Increase your impact
The Green Deal calls are all about impact, with the Commission looking for projects that deliver fast, visible and tangible results.
See how Greenovate! Europe can increase the impact of your project with our expertise in Exploitation, Stakeholder Engagement, and Communication & Dissemination.
Got a project idea? Get in touch.
The calls are split into 10 areas – eight thematic areas reflecting the key work streams of the European Green Deal and two horizontal areas:
Increasing climate ambition
- Preventing and fighting extreme wildfires with the integration and demonstration of innovative means (LC-GD-1-1-2020)
- Towards Climate-Neutral and Socially Innovative Cities (LC-GD-1-2-2020)
- Climate-resilient Innovation Packages for EU regions (LC-GD-1-3-2020)
Clean, affordable and secure energy
- Innovative land-based and offshore renewable energy technologies and their integration into the energy system (LC-GD-2-1-2020)
- Develop and demonstrate a 100 MW electrolyser upscaling the link between renewables and commercial/industrial applications (LC-GD-2-2-2020)
- Accelerating the green transition and energy access Partnership with Africa (LC-GD-2-3-2020)
Industry for a clean and circular economy
- Closing the industrial carbon cycle to combat climate change – Industrial feasibility of catalytic routes for sustainable alternatives to fossil resources (LC-GD-3-1-2020)
- Demonstration of systemic solutions for the territorial deployment of the circular economy (LC-GD-3-2-2020)
Energy and resource efficient buildings
- Building and renovating in an energy and resource efficient way (LC-GD-4-1-2020)
Sustainable and smart mobility
Farm to Fork
- Testing and demonstrating systemic innovations in support of the Farm-to-Fork Strategy (LC-GD-6-1-2020)
Biodiversity and ecosystem services
- Restoring biodiversity and ecosystem services (LC-GD-7-1-2020)
Zero-pollution, toxic-free environments
- Innovative, systemic zero-pollution solutions to protect health, environment and natural resources from persistent and mobile chemicals (LC-GD-8-1-2020)
- Fostering regulatory science to address combined exposures to industrial chemicals and pharmaceuticals: from science to evidence-based policies (LC-GD-8-2-2020)
Strengthening our knowledge in support of the European Green Deal
- European Research Infrastructures capacities and services to address European Green Deal challenges (LC-GD-9-1-2020)
- Developing end-user products and services for all stakeholders and citizens supporting climate adaptation and mitigation (LC-GD-9-2-2020)
- Transparent & Accessible Seas and Oceans: Towards a Digital Twin of the Ocean (LC-GD-9-3-2020)
Empowering citizens for the transition towards a climate neutral, sustainable Europe
- European capacities for citizen deliberation and participation for the Green Deal (LC-GD-10-1-2020)
- Behavioural, social and cultural change for the Green Deal (LC-GD-10-2-2020)
- Enabling citizens to act on climate change, for sustainable development and environmental protection through education, citizen science, observation initiatives, and civic engagement (LC-GD-10-3-2020)