The European Commission has adopted the first work programmes of Horizon Europe, the bloc’s new research and innovation framework programme.
In total €14.7 billion will be made available in the period 2021-2022, to help create a healthier, greener and more digital Europe.
More than 40% of this will be invested in research and innovation to support the European Green Deal and the Union’s commitment to make the EU the world’s first climate-neutral continent by 2050. These funds will support projects that accelerate the transition towards clean energy and mobility in a sustainable and fair way, help adapt food systems and support the circular and bioeconomy, maintain and enhance natural carbon sinks in ecosystems, and foster adaptation to climate change.
The first calls for proposals will open on the Funding and Tenders Portal on 22 June, with first deadlines on 23 September. Information Days targeting potential applicants take place between 28 June and 9 July.
Greenovate! Europe is looking forward to develop high quality projects with its members and stands ready to support researchers, entrepreneurs and policy-makers to make a real impact!
Horizon Europe (HE) Main Work Programme 2021-2022
- HE and Euratom Work Programme on Horizontal Expenditure 2021-2022
- General introduction v2.0
- Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions v1.0
- Research Infrastructures v2.0
- Health v2.0
- Culture, creativity and inclusive society v1.0
- Civil Security for Society v1.0
- Digital, Industry and Space v1.0
- Climate, Energy and Mobility v1.0
- Food, Bioeconomy, Natural Resources, Agriculture and Environment v1.0
- European Innovation Ecosystems (EIE) v1.0
- Widening participation and strengthening the European Research Area v1.0
- Missions v1.0
- General Annexes v1.0