Workplace: Greenovate! Europe E.E.I.G., Renewable Energy House, Rue d’Arlon 63, Brussels, Belgium
Status: Full-time Employee
Desired start: 1 December 2017
Please send your application by email to Katharina.email@example.com by 31 August 2017.
Only interview candidates shall be notified.
Interviews will take place in Brussels on 20 – 21 September 2017
The Managing Director will lead the European member-based expert group Greenovate! Europe under the guidance and supervision of the Presidency and the Board and be accountable to the General Assembly.
The successful candidate excels at conceptual thinking, is capable of understanding technical topics and can demonstrate solid financial and people management skills. This will enable him or her to quickly grasp the challenging nature of green innovation processes, to propose new strategic directions to the members, to plan, follow-up and report on budgets, and to keep the small international team motivated and on track.
A major responsibility of the Managing Director is the acquisition of new business for Greenovate! Europe and its members. He or she has excellent knowledge of the European Union’s funding environment for research and innovation and has in the past independently acquired and managed EC funded projects in one of the R&I programmes.
As the permanent representative of Greenovate! Europe in Brussels, the Managing Director shall be able to represent the expert group convincingly to diverse stakeholders from the public and private sectors in view of promoting members’ expertise and to sell their services.
The position is based in an attractive historic building in the heart of the European district of Brussels, Belgium, and involves traveling across Europe.
Summary of essential job functions:
- Organisation management including financial management, HR and quality control;
- Acquisition of new EC contracts and supervision of project implementation;
- Strategic membership relations and representation to external stakeholders.
- Track record of successful acquisition of FP7 or Horizon2020 projects.
- Financial and HR management skills and related experience.
- Minimum 10 years of work experience.
- University diploma.
- Excellent English language written and spoken
- Thorough understanding of innovation processes from research to market
- Experience at selling concepts and services to private and public stakeholders
- Knowledge of political, legal and industrial landscape for energy and environmental technologies
- MBA or business degree
- Experience with technical or scientific topics or relevant degree.
Expected personal qualities:
- Absolutely trustworthy, high sense of responsibility
- Independent and at ease with decision-making
- Conceptual thinker able to identify new business opportunities and to turn them into contracts
- Leadership personality able to initiate new projects and to motivate members and colleagues
- Pleasant personality at ease liaising with a large variety of stakeholders
About Greenovate! Europe
Greenovate! Europe is a Europe-wide expert group dedicated to accelerate eco innovation processes. The non-for-profit organisation provides innovation support services at EU level to research laboratories, technology developers, industrial companies willing to acquire new technologies, and equity investors ready to support clean technology development.
Its members are experienced professionals with business, economic, financial and technical expertise able to facilitate innovation processes for environmental technologies along entire innovation value chains and going from research activities to market sales.
The Brussels-based Secretariat serves its members through information, networking and project acquisition, and through participation in high-profile European contracts.
Sectoral focus: We work at the forefront of innovation with all technologies and services that have a positive life-cycle impact on the environment, such as renewables and energy efficiency, sustainable construction, resource efficient production, bio-based products, water and waste water etc.
Geographical outreach: Greenovate! Europe is a membership-based non-for-profit structure headquartered in Brussels. It recruits its 25 members currently from 13 European Members States.
Our partners are Europe’s top R&D centres, the most innovative and environmentally advanced cities, passionate green entrepreneurs and other dynamic eco-innovation stakeholders who can pride themselves to be among the pioneers of a green economy.